Maybe you’re thinking of hiring a skip bin but are unsure about whether it’s what you need for the items you want to throw out. Or perhaps you’ve just hired one and are wondering whether some of the items you want to dispose of can be thrown into the skip bin?
Whatever the case may be, here is your definitive list of what you are and what you are not allowed to throw into a skip bin:
- GENERAL WASTE: appliances, white goods, electronics, cardboard, rubbish, paper, tools, books and office waste
- LIGHT CONSTRUCTION WASTE: roofing items, wood items (e.g. fencing, decking, firewood), debris, drywall, tiling, wallboard, sheetrock and gyprock
- GREEN WASTE: branches, tree clippings, hedge clippings, soil, dirt and leaves
- HEAVY WASTE: furniture, electronics, concrete, bricks, soil, rocks, tiles and pavers
ALLOWED BUT MAY ATTRACT EXTRA FEES
- Old tyres
- Car batteries
- Synthetic grass
- Tree stumps
- Gas bottles and cylinders
- Explosive or flammable materials
- Hazardous chemicals such as solvents, paints, acids, oils, grease traps, explosives, toxins etc.
- Needles and syringes
Once you know what you can and cannot put into a skip bin, planning your waste disposal is easier. And remember, if you have any queries, simply get in touch with one of our friendly team members and they’ll happily help you out.
If you’re after a skip bin, or have any queries, get in touch with Skips 365 today! We service households and commercial sites Sydney-wide. Simply call 1300 763 362 or email us at email@example.com and one of our friendly team will help you out.
Skips 365 services the following Sydney regions: CBD, Inner West, Eastern Suburbs, Northern Suburbs, South Sydney and Greater Western Sydney.